South East Asia Iron and Steel Institute (SEAISI) collaborated with the national committees (MISIF in Malaysia) across the ASEAN region to organize a series of seminars in the month of March.
In Malaysia, MISIF hosted the seminar on “Value Creation through Process Improvement, Reliability & Recyclability” on 13 March 2019 in the Concorde Hotel Shah Alam, Selangor. A total of 26 participants attended the seminar from various steel related companies.
The topics/speakers were as follows:
- “Introduction on POSCO’s Wire Rod Manufacturing Process & Experience on Quality Improvement” by Mr. Heo Yongkwan, General Manager, POSCO KL Branch / Technical Advisor South East Asia Iron & Steel Institute (SEAISI);
- “Achievements and Prospects of EAF Compact Route in FENG HSIN STEEL” by Mr. Chen Shih Chung, No. 2 Steel Making Plant Manager from Feng Hsin Steel Co. Ltd., Taiwan;
- “CEM Process: POSCO’S Innovative High Speed Casting and Endless Rolling Process” by Mr. Lim Jae Min, Manager in CEM Project Team from POSCO, South Korea;
- “Efforts of Japanese Iron & Steel Industry for Global Environmental Challenges” by Dr. Akira Usami, General Manager, R&D Planning Division from Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation, Japan;
- “Identifying Root Cause to Solve Problems in Krakatau Steel Group using QCC Solving Tools” by Mr. Reza Jaya Wardhana, Senior Technical Manager from South East Asia Iron & Steel Institute (SEAISI).