Services to Members
As an industry organisation, the primary function of MISIF is to assist and support members in carrying out their business efficiently and successfully.
Among others, MISIF’s major services are:
- Representation to government of members’ problems and concerns through submission of papers and memoranda, direct meetings and dialogues with the relevant Ministries, departments or agencies.
- Dissemination of relevant information through circulation of newsletters and brochures, workshop, briefings and seminars.
- Consultation with members on joint issues requested by Government through survey questionnaires and brainstorming sessions.
- Business promotion of members products through complimentary listing in the directories and websites.
- Parallel membership in the South East Asia Iron and Steel Institute (SEAISI) and ASEAN Iron and Steel Council (AISC-previuosly AISIF).
- Venues for industries sector to meet and deliberate over issues in the industry sector.
- Technical training activities to support HR development of companies.
Membership in MISIF is open to all entities that are engaged in or related to the manufacture of iron and steel products.
There are two categories of membership, namely:
1. Ordinary Members
Manufacturing companies processing:
- Raw and semi-finished products such as billets and blooms
- Rolled product of iron and steel such as bars, wire rods, HR coils, CR coils and plates
- Wire and wire products
- Flat steel products including :
- pipes, tubes and fitting
- galvanised and coated sheets
- roofing sheets, wall cladding and drums
- Engineering and fabricated products, including boilers and pressure vessels
- Iron and steel casting, die casting
2. Affiliate Members
Non-manufacturing companies associated to the processing of iron and steel products are eligible to become affiliate members.
Become a MISIF Member Today
By joining MISIF, your company will benefit from the strength of “many companies, one strong voice” that MISIF carries when engaging with relevant bodies.
|➢ Click here to join as an ordinary member.|
|➢ Click here to join as an affiliate member.|
|➢ Must Read: Do I qualify as an ordinary or affiliate member?|