MISIF’s primary mission is to assist and support members in carrying out their business efficiently and successfully.
To achieve this, we undertake various strategic activities to ensure a progressive and conducive industry for the betterment of Malaysian iron and steel players. Among our scope of mandated activities, the most important ones include:
- Compilation of Malaysian iron and steel industry statistics. We collect and compile critical industry statistics at the national level to support strategic development of the Malaysian iron and steel industry.
- Advisory to government bodies with respect to industry policy and development. We advise on industry policy and development based on insights from our research and analysis.
- Facilitation resolution of trade dispute and trade-related issues. We support members in our government engagements with respect to import-export of iron and steel products.
- Facilitation of industry networking and stakeholder engagement activities. We help members connect with industry stakeholders domestically and overseas.
- Dissemination of industry knowledge through global outreach. We connect and work with established steel bodies at the global level, including the World Steel Association, to advance industry knowledge.
- Promotion of Malaysian iron and steel through trade. We organize trade conferences and trade expos annually to promote Malaysian iron and steel products.
- Upskilling industry workforce through knowledge and training activities. We organize government-sanctioned knowledge sharing sessions and training workshops for industry’s participation.
- Safeguarding the interest of the Malaysian industry for fair and lawful trade. We actively engage with relevant government bodies, associations, players, and stakeholders in advocacy of fair and lawful trade.