Date: 28 July 2020
Platform: Online via Zoom
This webinar brings together the pre-commissioning chemical treatments with the on-going care of installed stainless steel.
The grouping is made to emphasize that stainless steel is a low maintenance product but that it needs neither natural maintenance (provide by good design) or a supplemental cleaning disparate elements into a coherent whole with multiple examples.
– What is picking and what does it do to stainless steel?
– What is passivation treatment and how is it different from pickling?
– How do you tell if the stainless steel is passive?
– What standards can be applied?
– Where does electropolishing fit in and how does it differ from electro cleaning?
– Are these treatments always required?
– Maintenance: How good design helps, routine cleaning, what not to do, techniques for specific contamination / damage
The webinar session was attended by 99 participants and presented by Dr Graham Sussex, Technical Specialist and NI Consultant.