MISIF organized the 2019 Trade Forum on the Malaysian Iron and Steel Industry on 24 October 2019 at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa, Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
This one-day forum, “Malaysian Steel Industry at the Crossroad of Change” focused on the performance of the domestic iron and steel industry, emerging global trends and trade developments, and the future of the global steel trade in the context of the Malaysian steel industry.
The conference was officiated by Y.B. Dr. Ong Kian Ming, Deputy Minister of International Trade and Industry (MITI).
The paper presented at the forum were as follows:
- Malaysian Steel Sector – Going through New Cycle with Better Times Ahead? by Mr. Henry Law, Managing Partner, Eigis Consulting;
- US-China Trade Tensions: Thinking Beyond Volatilities and Disruptions to Steel Trade by Mr. Ivan Cheng, Head of Business Insights, United Overseas Bank Limited, Singapore;
- China’s Role in Steel Markets Amid Shrinking Exports, Trade Wars by Mr. Keith Tan, Senior Managing Editor, Steel and Scrap, S&P Global Platts;
- Development of the Steel Industry from the Perspective of Experience in Japan by Mr. Toru Nishizaka, Chief Regional Officer, The Japan Iron & Steel Federation (JISF);
- Transformation as Business Solution – Challenges in Adoption of Industry 4.0 in the Steel Industry by Mr. Chai Kung Fee, Senior Operations Manager, Bahru Stainless Sdn Bhd; and
- National Perspective and Strategic Initiative for the Iron & Steel Sector by Pn. Aedreena Reeza Alwi, Director, Sectoral Policy Division, MITI
YB Dr. Ong also launched the new MISIF Website.
Download the Papers Here