NEW LEADERSHIP ROLES IN MISIF
With a heavy heart, I am announcing the departure of Mr. Mark Lim as MISIF Deputy President I effective 30 November 2021, as he is leaving Hoto Stainless Steel Industries Sdn Bhd to pursue his further interest.
MISIF records its utmost appreciation and gratitude to Mr. Mark Lim for his faithful, valuable and dedicated service given to MISIF since 2001 whereby he has been active in leading and contributing towards the success of MISIF, including setting up of the Stainless Steel sub sector group and as Deputy President I. We sincerely express our many thanks to Mr. Mark Lim and we wish him the best of health, happiness and success.
With the resignation, the following changes to the office bearers (2021-2024) will be done effective 1 December 2021:
• Deputy President I – En. Roshan Abdullah (Mycron Steel CRC Sdn Bhd);
• Deputy President II – Mr. Tee Choon Hock (Ji Kang Dimensi Sdn Bhd);
• Vice President I – Mr. Cheong Khai Kong (Southern Pipe Industry (M) Sdn Bhd);
• Vice President II- Dato’ Lawrence Lim Aun Chuan (Ann Joo Integrated Steel Sdn Bhd);
• Vice President III – Mr. Ng Kian Hin (Alpine Pipe Manufacturing Sdn Bhd);
• Vice President IV – Mr. Yeoh Choon Kwee (Southern Steel Berhad).
We also appoint the following Committee and Sectoral Group Chairmen to serve the remaining 2021-2024 term:
• Industrial and Trade Policy – Dato’ Lim Hong Thye;
• Conference & Promotions – En. Roshan Abdullah;
• Finance & Establishment – En. Roshan Abdullah.
Further to this, following the resignation of Mr. Vincent Choong as Chief Executive Officer effective 23 November 2021, the Presidential Committee agreed on the appointment of Ms Ng Mor Kiang as acting CEO of MISIF. I am sure Ms Ng and the Secretariat staff will be able to assist you to their best ability with the support of members.